Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Protection

I have seemed to over book my schedule this past week. Oh man I sure was on overload with having scheduled something all but one day last week and that one day wasn't even enough to catch up on the house. Since homeschooling this year for the first time, I was so worried about my previously public schooled children interacting that I feel we actually are apart of more groups and activities that keep us out of the house even more than before. I love it but I easily over work myself this way.

I have so many things to blog about and so little time. I usually post at night but have been so tired I go to bed with the rest of the family. My husband had the flu this past weekend after our busy week and now my Mr. Henry(my 10 month old son) has caught it too. He went from just seeming to not be the same Monday to spending the night at the local children's hospital over night Tuesday night since he became dehydrated within 24 hours :(  

He woke up not feeling any better at 4:30 this morning so I called the overnight doctors line and am suppose to bring him back in first things this morning. Well since I was up I decided no better time(well probably wouldn't have another time today) to shower and read the bible in peace. I sure was feeling God speak to me about that.

I opened to the five minute reflect and pray section in the back of my Bible and the word "Protection" popped out at me right away. Psalms 62 was the chapter it referred me too. This was what God wanted me to wake up and hear from him this morning and then in turn share with you all. I underlines the parts that seemed to reflect most on me today.

 
 
Psalms 62
 
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress,I will never be shaken.
 
How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down this leaning wall,
this tottering fence?
They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
                                                but in their hearts they curse.                                   Selah
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress,
I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depends on God;
he is my might rock, 
my refuge.
Trust in him at all times,
O people;
pour out your heart to him,
                                                         for God is our refuge.                                      Selah
 
Lowborn men are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie;
if weighed on a balance,
they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.
Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.
 
One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you,O God, are strong,
and that you, O Lord, are loving.
Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.
 
 
 
 
I need to have this in my mind at ALL times. Do not be shaken but feel Gods love and protection during everything I go through!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment